- Philosophy Doctor, Politics Department, Princeton University (2010);
- Master in Public Affairs – Field I (International Relations), Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University (2002);
- Laurea con lode in Scienze internazionali e diplomatiche, Università di Bologna, sede di Forlí (2000).
- Visiting Scholar at the University of California, Los Angeles, Center for Social Theory and Comparative History in the summer of 2018;
- Postdoctoral Fellow at Sciences Po Paris, Centre de Recherches Politiques (CEVIPOF) in A. Y. 2013-2014;
- Visiting Scholar at New York University, Center for European and Mediterranean Studies in A. Y. 2012-2013;
- Visiting Scholar at the University of California, Berkeley, Institute of Governmental Studies in A. Y. 2011-2012.
- Adjunct Professor at Università di Bologna, Scuola di Scienze Politiche since Fall 2017;
- Adjunct Professor at Johns Hopkins University, SAIS Europe in Fall 2014;
- Adjunct Assistant Professor at Columbia University, Department of Political Science in Spring 2013.
List of conference appearances.